Sending Reviews for your 1st Bookings
Now that you have completed your profile and are ready to go live, we need to kickstart your tours with REVIEWS!
We will send you a Review Form to fill out. You should include 3 reviews from previous guests you have shown around the city - tour guests, friends, etc. If you then send it back to the rollout manager who has sent it to you.
Withlocals Originals Itinerary and Prepping
A few days before your profile will go live, you will receive a detailed itinerary of the tour that will help you prepare for your first bookings. The itinerary will include:
- Duration of the tour: How many hours the tour will take you to do. Please do your very best to stick with this time frame.
- Possible starting times of the tour: All the times the guests can book from (normally every half hour). If there are certain hours in the day you can’t take bookings, then you can block these times in your agenda.
- Guidelines for the tour: Advice we give depending on the type of tour, certain things to look out for, contact numbers needed, etc.
- Route map: Showing exactly what path you should take with guests.
- Route of the tour: All the stops of the tour which you will need to dedicate time to storytelling.
- Costs covered for guests: These are the expenses of the tour that you will need to pay upfront for each guest. We calculate all of this ahead of time so no need to keep any receipts. When you receive your payment for the tour, you will also receive the expenses that you used for the guests after every booking (3 - 5 days after the tour).
- Extra information per stop: This is the basic information and stories on each stop you go to so that you can be prepared to tell the stories to the guests. This is basic information so you will be expected to do your own deeper research and storytelling prep
- Host guidelines: On some of the stops we will provide extra instructions that may be needed on the stops. EG: Enter the rooftop for 10 minutes, Enter via the back entrance, etc.
- Alternatives: On days in which some places are closed, we will provide alternative suggestions on where to take the guests instead.
We will share the itineraries on a google drive so that you can contribute to the itineraries with your own stories. The only aspect you should update is on Extra information per stop. Hosts can learn from each other's stories through here.
Tip: We recommend doing a practice tour with friends before doing your first booking to help you prepare. You can also advertise your profile on social media to try and attract your first bookings to kickstart your reviews!