The first impression matters. Let guests see how cool you are through your profile picture!
It’s quite easy to make one. Here’s the mood you should be aiming for:
Take as much time as needed to get the right shot!
Please ask a friend to take a picture of you, selfies are not a good idea in this case.
If you're joining Withlocals Originals tours, our local ambassador will take a professional profile photo for you, together with your personal video.
1. Find a nice location for your photo, here are some ideas:
- A small walking street in the old town with not too many people walking by
- A promenade in the park, flowers around
- Beautiful exteriors of buildings or a recognizable city specific architecture
- Graffiti wall or colorful decorations of the city
2. You can include an element that is representative for your passions or hobbies (e.g. a camera, a guitar, your dog, a motorbike in the background)
3. Make sure there’s no people who will pass through the frame
4. Always photograph horizontally
5. Position yourself in the center of the picture, space above the head ½ size of the head, you should be photographed from the waist up.
Here are some great examples of profile pictures of passionate locals from around the world: