2018 Code of Conduct for Withlocals Hosts
As a Withlocals host, you are expected to adhere to the Withlocals Code of Conduct while on tour; it contains common-sense standards and some Withlocals specific points.
Serious breach of this code may mean that Withlocals will remove you from the platform, and future offers of work will be withdrawn.
- Keep your guests safe. Always avoid unsafe situations and assess tour activities for potential hazards or critical points. Inform your guests of relevant safety procedures when necessary.
- Remain impartial and keep your temper. Keep a service mind and a cool head at all times.
- Don’t express complaints or make negative remarks about Withlocals in front of your guests. Please address all your feedback directly to Withlocals team.
- Deal with problems immediately and escalate to Withlocals if required.
- Only tour participants may be on the tour. All Withlocals tours are private. Never invite extra people or combine multiple groups/bookings in one tour.
- Be reachable at all times throughout the tour by Withlocals and guests, in case of emergency. Make sure your mobile phone is charged when going on a tour.
- In case of an emergency, always make sure to have the relevant emergency numbers with you, be aware of the closest medical doctor and nearest hospital to contact when needed.
- No inclusion on the tour should ever be cut short due to a ‘shopping’ stop unless it is included into the tour. Unless it’s a shopping tour, commercial stops should only be offered if they are included into the initial itinerary.
- Do not solicit tips and do not discuss your remuneration with your guests.
- Adhere to the following alcohol and smoking policy: We do not recommend to smoke during your Withlocals tour. Drinking alcohol is forbidden if wine or beer tastings are not included into the tour for guests (for example, Wine & Tapas tour) and even if it is included, we do not recommend joining your guests unless it is a last stop of the tour and you decide to socialize for a longer time. Never purchase an alcoholic drink for a minor.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs on tour will result in instant removal from Withlocals platform. This applies to drugs designated illegal in most of the EU even if local regulations permit use.
- Emotional or intimate involvement with any guest – whether real or perceived by others, and as assessed by Withlocals in its sole discretion – is highly unprofessional and shall lead to instant removal from the tour and the withdrawal of all future work. You are in a position of trust and are expected to act accordingly at all times while on tour. Additionally, be aware that any sexual contact with people under 18 may constitute a criminal offence, irrespective of consent.
- Never enter guests’ hotel rooms to avoid any possible misunderstandings or misinterpretations.
- Dress in a professional and moderate manner: avoid provocative outfits or body exposure.
- Be aware of how you use social media and set your privacy settings accordingly. Keep your own and Withlocals’ reputation in mind and post with discretion.
- Not showing up for a tour without notifying the guest or Witlocals at least 24 hours in advance is not acceptable, with the exception of emergency situations. Not showing up without a notification and serious reason will lead to instant removal from the Withlocals platform.