2019 Code of Conduct for Withlocals Hosts
Withlocals hosts are expected to adhere to the Withlocals Code of Conduct which contains common-sense standards as well as Withlocals specific requirements.
Serious breach of this code of conduct may mean that Withlocals will remove you from the platform, and future offers of work will be withdrawn.
Withlocals hosts commit:
- To keeping all guests safe. Always avoiding unsafe situations and assess tour activities for potential hazards or critical points. Informing guests of relevant safety procedures when necessary.
- To remain impartial and keep their temper. Keeping a service mind and a cool head at all times.
- To not express complaints or make negative remarks about Withlocals in front of guests. All complaints and feedback should be addressed directly to the Withlocals team.
- To deal with problems immediately and escalate to Withlocals only if required.
- Only tour participants may be on the tour. All Withlocals tours are private. Inviting extra people to an experience or combine multiple groups/bookings is against Withlocals policy.
- To be reachable at all times throughout the tour by Withlocals and guests, in case of emergency. Hosts must be reachable by the guests at the time of the meeting.
- In case of an emergency, always having the relevant emergency numbers, and be aware of the closest medical doctor and nearest hospital to contact when needed.
- No inclusion on the tour should ever be cut short due to a ‘shopping’ stop unless it is included into the tour. Unless it’s a shopping tour, commercial stops should only be offered if they are included into the initial itinerary.
- To not solicit tips and do not discuss your remuneration with your guests.
- To adhere to the following alcohol and smoking policy: Smoking during an experience with guests is against Withlocals policy. Drinking alcohol is forbidden if wine or beer tastings are not included in the tour for guests (for example, Wine & Tapas tour). Even if it is part of the tour, we do not recommend joining the guests in drinking. Hosts must never be intoxicated on a tour/experience.
In addition, hosts commit to never purchasing an alcoholic drink for a minor.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs on tour will result in instant removal from Withlocals platform. This applies to drugs designated illegal in most of the EU even if local regulations permit use.
- Emotional or intimate involvement with any guest – whether real or perceived by others, and as assessed by Withlocals in its sole discretion – is highly unprofessional and shall lead to instant removal from the tour and the withdrawal of all future work. Withlocals hosts are placed are in a position of trust and are expected to act accordingly at all times while on a tour. Additionally, hosts must be aware that any sexual contact with people under 18 may constitute a criminal offense, irrespective of consent.
- To never enter guests’ hotel rooms to avoid any possible misunderstandings or misinterpretations.
- To dress in a professional and moderate manner: avoid provocative outfits or body exposure.
- To be aware of how you use social media and set your privacy settings accordingly. To keep their and Withlocals’ reputation in mind and post with discretion.
- To use the Withlocals platform genuinely for its purpose of promoting their profile and offering experiences to guests and to refrain from using the Withlocals platform to conduct other business with guests (for example by trying to bypass the online booking system) or other hosts.
- Not showing up for a tour without notifying the guest or Witlocals at least 24 hours in advance is not acceptable, with the exception of emergency situations. Not showing up without a notification and serious reason will lead to instant removal from the Withlocals platform.