Host quality at Withlocals is defined by the following standards:
Passionate hosts are the heart of Withlocals. Our promise to travelers is to offer them a unique experience, led by hosts that are passionate about the topic of the experience, have a personal connection to it, and deep knowledge of it.
As a host, you are expected to communicate this passion with your guests:
- Know your topics in depth, extra research and preparation work can make a world of difference.
- Be fully present during the experience, for example avoid getting distracted by your mobile.
- Be open and reactive to the feedback you receive from guests and Withlocals.
Withlocals hosts want to share the real soul of their city, offering an authentic experience to guests.
Provide an authentic experience by sharing a unique perspective, unveiling secret gems, providing unique access to your guests. Remember that guests booked you because they are looking to experience something they could not do by themselves!
Connecting cultures and people is our mission. Connect with your guests at all the steps of their Withlocals journey.
Before meeting the guests:
- Be available to reassure your guests and answer their questions. They might need some extra information, or simply reassurance that they picked the right host and experience.
- If any changes are necessary on the route or plan for the experience, communicate it clearly to your guests. Make sure that they are comfortable with the changes.
During the experience:
- Pay attention to your guests' needs: specific groups (elderly, children, persons with disabilities) may need special care.
- Face your guests and make pauses when giving an explanation to make sure everyone in the group feels involved and engaged.
- Be mindful of cultural differences, remember that different people may expect different behaviors and have different sensitivities. Remain curious and keep an open mind.
After the experience:
- Following up on the experience and sharing extra information and tips with the guests can go a long way!
Not meeting these standards will result in an incompatibility to work as a Withlocals host. If you need any extra support or coaching, we are here for you! Check our Learning Center or get in touch with our team to receive help & resources.