The following requirements are minimum standards that hosts must fulfill to keep a Withlocals profile. Any breach of these requirements will result in a performance breach and may lead in your removal from the platform.
Hosts are required to respect the following professional standards:
- Being available and reachable by both the guests and the office, in particular for any urgent or time sensitive issue, and around the time of a booking.
- Having an appropriate and professional presentation and outfit, respecting hygiene standards.
- Communicating with guests and Withlocals in a polite and respectful manner.
- Respecting the commitment that is a booking. Unforeseen situations can of course happen, but being late, cancelling or not showing up to a booking without informing your guests and without a valid reason is not acceptable.
- Avoiding any inappropriate behaviour such as smoking during a tour.
Withlocals hosts represent the Withlocals community, and are therefore expected to respect the following limitations:
- Withlocals tours should always be private. Unless specifically stated otherwise, or requested by Withlocals with the agreement of all parties, groups from different bookings cannot be mixed, and no other participants but the guests are allowed to join.
- Experiences must always be led by the host of the booking, hosts should never send another person to fill in for a booking.
- Hosts must refrain from expressing negative feelings about Withlocals, or complaining about the company or any of its parties in front of the guests or on public platforms. All complaints and feedback should be addressed directly to the Withlocals team.
- Be mindful of your online presence and set your privacy settings accordingly. Keep in mind the Withlocals image when sharing your social profiles.
- Use the Withlocals platform genuinely to promote your profile and offer experiences to guests but refrain from using the Withlocals platform to conduct other business with guests (for example by trying to bypass the online booking system) or other hosts.
- Remain impartial and keep a service mind and a calm temper when interacting with guests.
- Hosts should not solicit tips and do not discuss remuneration with guests.
Hosts commit to maintaining high standards of safety and security when providing a service to guests. The following standards apply:
- Withlocals hosts should always avoid unsafe situations and assess tour activities for potential hazards or critical points.
- Informing guests of relevant safety procedures when necessary, keeping the relevant emergency numbers and being aware of the closest medical facilities is a must.
- Hosts must never be intoxicated on a tour/experience. Drinking alcohol is forbidden if wine or beer tastings are not included in the tour for guests (for example, Wine & Tapas tour).
In addition, hosts commit to never purchasing an alcoholic drink for a minor.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs on tour will result in instant removal from Withlocals platform.
Emotional or intimate involvement with any guest – whether real or perceived, and as assessed by Withlocals in its sole discretion, will lead to the instant removal from the platform. Withlocals hosts are in a position of trust and are expected to act accordingly at all times while on a tour.
Hosts should never enter guests’ hotel rooms to avoid any possible misunderstandings or misinterpretations.